The Journal of Physical Education is a quarterly scientific journal specialized in publishing scientific research related to sports science, for the purposes of scientific publishing and promotions. It is issued by the College of Physical Education and Sport Sciences / University of Baghdad. It was founded in (1990). The first issue was published in April (1990) and consisted of (10) Researches. The editor in chief was the Dean of the College of Physical Education Prof Dr. Ghassan Muhammad Sadiq, and the Editor manager was Dr. Ali Abdul-Zahra al-Hashemi. The Journal’s the editorial board consisted of the following:
- Dr. Nizar Majeed Al-Talib.
- Dr. Abd Ali Nassif.
- Dr. Abbas Ahmed al-Samarrai.
- Dr. Munther Hashem Al-Khatib
- Dr. Wajih Mahjob.
- Dr. Qasim Al-Mandalawi.
- Dr. Shamel Khameel.
The journal still rich with publications till the present time. It obtained the Iraqi approval for publication according to the number deposited in the Iraqi Books and Documents House number (579) for the year (1990). The journal has also acquired the International Standard Print Serial Number (P-ISSN: 2073-6452) since (2009) and the International Electronic Serial Standard Number (E-ISSN: 2707-5729) in (2020) as well as the (Digital Object Identifier – DOI) and the approval of journal registration in (CrossRef). The journal meditates to enter into a database (Scopus) and (Clarivate) in the near future.
- The Journal published numerous numbers of issues since its foundation till present time.
- The journals’ editors in chief since its foundation till present time.
|1||Prof Dr. Ghassan Muhammad Sadiq||1990-1992|
|2||Prof Dr. Ali Turki Musleh||1993-1997|
|3||Prof Dr. Ahmed Badri Hussein||1998-1999|
|4||Prof Dr. Najm Abdullah Al-Iraqi||1999-2000|
|5||Prof Dr. Sadiq Faraj Diab||2001-2002|
|6||Prof Dr. Munther Hashem Al-Khatib||2003-2007|
|7||Prof Dr. Nizar Majeed Al-Talib||2008-2011|
|8||Prof Dr. Abdullah Ibrahim Al-Mashhadani||2012-2013|
|9||Prof Dr. Hassan Naji Mahmoud||2014-2015|
|10||Prof Dr. Tariq Hassan Razouki||2015-2016|
|11||Prof Dr. Ismail Ibrahim Mohamed||2017-2019|
|12||Prof Dr. Usama Ahmed Hussein Altay||2020-|
Vision, Mission and Objectives
Vision: leadership and excellence in publishing the significant scientific research in the field of sport sciences to reach global levels.
Mission: Publishing scientific manuscripts in the field of sport sciences for scientific research and sport development benefits.
- Publishing scientific manuscripts widely, and introducing Iraqi and Arabic researchers to the world.
- Contributing to the development of sport sciences by publishing scientific manuscripts.
- Publishing scientific manuscripts for faculty members and post graduate students locally and internationally.
- Enriching the Arabian libraries and their research databases with scientific products and reaching global levels